New Business Director
London / Permanent
Posted on 23 September 2018
Managing multiple pitches and exciting opportunities at the same time can be hectic and at times very fast paced so this is not for the faint-hearted.
Here is a truly special opportunity to join AmazeRealise and become one of our MVPs. Because if you have what it takes to create opportunities with cold prospects, develop messaging and convert to pitch opportunities (winning of course), then you’ll be our star person.
Hearts and minds need to be captured internally to inspire and motivate teams to work with new business to produce amazing pitch winning ideas that wow clients.
This agency creates human advantage for our people, our clients and our clients’ clients. Your job is to translate this into something real and meaningful in every communication we are having during the sales process.
Reporting to the AmazeRealise Board lead for marketing and new business, you’ll be part of an ever-expanding team of enthusiastic, driven and passionate new business professionals (sales, partnership and marketing team mates). We have no shortage of ambition so on top of an appropriate salary (which will reflect your experience and track record), you’ll have an annual performance related bonus that will be dependent on you hitting your KPIs. Targets (and achievement of them) is something you should welcome. After all we value success in our people and we create career paths that reward them for performance. Moreover, our clients (or prospective clients) demand results, and rightly so. We commit to delivering advantage ((measurable outcomes) so we expect that from our people too.
This role needs you to think like a client. To walk in their shoes. To understand their rational and emotional reasons for considering us and know the many levers and triggers that will motivate them to take us through the sales process and to appointment. So, this is not just about running pitches and making things happen, this is also about having the ability to identify and spot an opportunity pro-actively and nurture relationships.
You have to be able to translate client briefs before they even know what they want. You’ll need to convey why they need to hire AmazeRealise to work with them.
Digital can be a tricky discipline – full of jargon and complicated technical language. You need to be able to understand it and translate, it. We’d expect you have at least 10 years’ experience of managing medium to large scale pitch processes (£1million upwards) directly with clients, software vendors, procurement portals and all the main intermediaries.
You must be someone who enjoys managing others (and your own workload) to the toughest of deadlines too as there will never be enough time on any bid or in any process. So, you need to work fast and smart and be respectful of your colleague’s precious time managing responses and outputs to a strict project plan.
To summarise the role, we want to find someone who:
- Wants to work as part of a team but have responsibility for outbound lead generations and all sales pipeline with the regular support of the board representative for new business who will oversee all bids and pitches.
- Has experience of working with procurement, intermediaries and clients directly.
- Has experience of managing pitches internally from writing creative briefs, undertaking research, writing presentations and being hands on during the pitch process.
To smash it out the park, you’ll need the following key skills:
- Outstanding organisational skills are essential as balancing /juggling multiple requirements at any one time is the norm.
- An excellent attention to detail letting nothing slip.
- Ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders across the agency and assist them to manage their time and meet deadlines. Stakeholders makes us sound terribly corporate. We mean your colleagues, who will also become your friends. Yes, they will have other tasks to complete not just yours so you better be persuasive.
- A big curious, questioning mindset which is brave and unafraid to ask hard questions and challenge others.
- A way with words, a command of language, written and visual.
- Utterly charming maintaining relationships with prospective clients.