Content and Bid Manager
London / Permanent
Posted on 24 July 2018
Sitting within the new business and marketing team this exciting newly created role will play a pivotal role in helping define and craft the content that sells the agency. The successfully appointed individual will also have responsibility to set-up and manage an agency knowledge content bank.
This role would suit somebody who wants to work as part of a team (new business & marketing) but will have sole responsibility for agency content and bids with the regular support of the board representative for new business who will oversee all bids.
There is scope for the successful candidate to build and grow a dedicated content and bid team so this role would suit somebody who is ambitious and wants to in time head up the function.
This is an important new hire for the agency and the appointed candidate will be seen as critical in helping the agency grow and will have the full support of the senior management team to make things happen.
- Must have strong experience of managing medium to large scale bids (£500k upwards) directly with clients and via procurement portals.
- An understanding of the marketing industry which would ideally include the digital landscape. This would be gained from working at an agency although a professional services/corporate background will be considered.
- Must have experience of turning boring copy into a beautiful story answering client questions whilst taking them on a journey.
- It is essential that the individual has a creative flair as the look and feel and integrity of the agency brand is just as important as the story told in bids.
- A proficiency in developing detailed timing and project plans for the delivery of bid responses and taking responsibility to ensure stakeholders meet deadlines.
- Experience of managing a company-wide content knowledge bank (the company has recently merged so an exercise needs to be undertaken to understand the assets in place, identify gaps, re-write materials and create new materials) and ensure processes are in place for employees to use content effectively and in the right manner.
- An understanding of how to become an expert quickly across market sectors (retail, technology, financial services, healthcare, sports, travel and leisure) and apply that understanding in how we tailor responses and demonstrate value.
- Experience of working on marketing materials creating assets for events, roadshows, thought-leadership and online initiatives working with both new business and marketing.
- Outstanding organisational skills are essential as balancing multiple bids will be a regular occurrence.
- An excellent attention to detail letting nothing slip.
- Ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders across the agency and assist them to manage their time and meet deadlines.
- Able to challenge internally and question.
- Confident approach